Roundabout Planning, Design, and Operations Manual
This online engineering PDH course provides information on roundabout at the planning, design, construction, operations and maintenance levels. It also includes the procedures considered for selecting and assessing the appropriateness of a roundabout.
A modern roundabout is one of the three types of circular intersections. However, roundabouts have demonstrated substantial safety and operational performance over other forms of intersection control. This course focuses on two categories of roundabouts: single-lane and multilane roundabouts. It is intended to ensure consistency across the State in the implementation of roundabouts at new installations and to provide safe and efficient traffic operations in the case of retrofit/redesign or reconstruction of existing intersections.
This 7 PDH online course is applicable to transportation engineers, road designers, planners, contractors and professionals who are interested in the design, operation, construction and maintenance of roundabouts.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the roundabout planning at signalized and un-signalized at-grade intersections
- Knowing the effect public participation and education on the safety and performance of roundabouts
- Understanding the methods and parameters used in the geometric design of roundabouts, positioning of signs, landscaping, poles, and other roadside furniture
- Learning the considerations taken for pedestrian and cyclists while designing a roundabout
- Knowing the traffic control devices such as traffic signing and pavement markings
- Understanding the general principals and recommendations for roundabout lightening and landscaping
- Learning about the construction stages and the traffic control in the work zone
- Familiarizing with the maintenance special provisions of watering and drainage systems in the central islands of roundabouts
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.