Roller Bearing Application: A Case Study
This online engineering PDH course takes the reader through an actual case study of the application of cylindrical roller bearings. It provides the steps necessary to specify cylindrical roller bearings in supporting a spur gear shaft. It explains how to specify the correct bearing pair given the operating life, size, and assembly procedures needed in a specific design package. It concludes with drawings of cylindrical roller bearings in mechanical equipment with expert analysis.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for Mechanical Engineers, Automotive Engineers, Design Engineers, Civil Engineers, and any other discipline interested in rolling contact bearings, machine design, or mechanical power transmission.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the nature of loads imposed on bearings by spur gears
- Learning how to calculate bearing life given load, capacity, and speed
- Familiarizing with gearbox assembly procedures
- Learning how to specify cylindrical roller bearings to support spur gears
- Understanding the danger of press fitting bearings on gear press fit surfaces
- Understanding the danger of press fitting gears on bearing press fit surfaces
- Learning how to calculate bearing inner and outer ring fits
- Familiarizing with the many different configurations of cylindrical roller bearings
- Understanding the application of cylindrical roller bearings in mechanical equipment
- Learning about the various methods to retain cylindrical roller bearing outer rings
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "Rolling Bearing Application: A Case Study".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.