This online engineering PDH course presents the guidelines for the design of rock foundations supporting various types of structures and embankments. These guidelines include information on foundation exploration and testing procedures, load test methods, analysis techniques, design criteria and procedures, and construction considerations. These guidelines provide a minimum standard to be used for planning a satisfactory rock foundation design for a typical situation.
This 9 PDH online course is applicable to geotechnical and structural engineers, geologists, as well as design and construction personnel involved in the design of rock foundations.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Foundation design considerations and factor of safety
- Site investigation techniques and procedures
- Rock mass characterization and classification schemes
- Foundation deformation and settlement analysis, estimation and treatment
- Foundation bearing capacity analysis, estimation and treatment
- Sliding stability assessment of gravity structures and slopes cut into rock mass
- Design of rock anchorage systems
- Selection of appropriate geotechnical instrumentation.
- Construction considerations of foundations and cut slopes in rock masses
- Recognizing and treating special conditions
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the US Corps of Engineers Publication EM 1110-1-2908, "Rock Foundations"
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.