Residential Solar PV Energy Guide
This online engineering PDH course provides information on solar photovoltaic (PV) technology, and presents a series of steps that will help you reach a well-informed conclusion about making an investment in solar energy systems.
Solar PV technology is the process that converts sunlight into electrical current when it strikes suitable materials called semiconductors in a device. Sunlight is absorbed by semiconducting materials, such as silicon, releasing electrons from their atoms. The electrons flow through the semiconductor to produce direct current (DC) electricity.
The technologies associated with the building blocks of a solar array project may seem complicated; however, the system design and construction are relatively simple and straightforward. Familiarity with the design and construction procedures is beneficial in becoming a more educated consumer and owner.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to electrical and mechanical engineers as well as energy specialists who are interested in expanding their knowledge on solar PV technology and understanding the detailed considerations for installing similar systems for generating electricity.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the building blocks of solar PV systems
- Understanding the preliminary research process prior to designing a system or purchasing its components
- Learning about site assessment and determining the ideal conditions for the solar array
- Understanding the different considerations for roof and ground-mounted systems
- Learning how to formulate solar array designs, calculations and sizing requirements
- Identifying the significant components of a solar array as part of the equipment selection process
- Gaining a general overview of contracts, installation, maintenance and monitoring of solar energy systems
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.