Project Management for Engineering Professionals
This online engineering PDH course presents an overview of modern practices in effective management of technical projects and engineering professionals’ participation in this process.
It starts with a discussion about the engineering personnel’s involvement in Project Management and definitions of the project, triple constraint and work breakdown structure. This is followed by the discussions of all major processes of Project Management, including:
- Definition of Scope
- Procurement process
- Risk management
- Project communications
- Project baseline and control
- Performance measurement
Explanations are supported by numerous down-to-earth examples to improve the retention of material. The last part of the course covers one of the most effective methods of project control, Earned Value Analysis (EVA), showing participants how to use EVA metrics to forecast project outcome and define corrective actions, if needed. An extensive case study of EVA application is presented as well.
This 5 PDH online course is applicable to all engineering professionals looking to expand their knowledge and experience in modern project management to become a valuable member of their Project Team.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding of engineering personnel involvement in the modern Project Management process
- Knowledge of basic Project Management concepts
- Learning how to use main tools and principles of modern Project Management to make you a valuable contributor into the overall project success
In addition, after completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Describe the Project Engineer's involvement in Project Management
- Provide a definition of the Project
- List components of Triple Constraint
- Know what WBS is for and how it is obtained
- Understand the difference between effort and duration
- Describe the main estimating techniques
- List the types of Cost Estimates
- Describe the views of a Project Schedule
- List the project schedule optimization techniques
- Define scope and scope "creep"
- Describe the Project Engineer's involvement in a procurement process
- List procurement options and types of contracts in technical projects; their advantages and disadvantages
- Describe risk identification, analysis and response processes
- List the main sources of Risk in utility company Projects
- Describe the types of project communications
- Explain how to make meetings productive
- Define project baseline
- List the main components of project control
- Use Earned Value Analysis to forecast the Project outcome
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, “Project Management for Engineering Professionals”.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.