Project Estimating and Scheduling for Engineers
This online engineering PDH course presents an overview of one of the most important Project Management processes and tasks: Project Estimating and Scheduling.
The course begins with a definition of estimating followed by describing the two main types of estimates: cost estimate which serves as a basis for Project Budget, and time estimate which is a basis for Project Schedule. In addition, this course explains how to prepare different types of estimates, when to use them, what views of project schedule exist, and how to create the network diagrams to be used for effective time management and corresponding schedule correction if needed. All explanations are supported by numerous examples, calculations and an extensive case study.
This course is intended for engineering and project management professionals looking to expand their knowledge and experience in project estimating and scheduling.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Defining the main estimating techniques
- Understanding the differences between top-down and bottom-up estimates
- Using adjustment factors to increase accuracy of top-down estimates
- Defining the types of cost estimates based on the level of their accuracy and know when to use them
- Understanding how to increase quality of estimates
- Defining the elements of activity boxes in network diagrams
- Listing types of dependencies between activity boxes
- Building a network diagram using Forward and Backward passes
- Defining a float and a critical path
- Understanding the benefits of network diagrams
- Familiarizing with schedule corrections
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled,"Project Estimating and Scheduling for Engineers" by Boris Shvartsberg, Ph.D., P.E., P.M.P.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.