Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
This online engineering PDH course introduces the elements critical for identifying effective Predictive and Preventive Maintenance tasks. It describes how the application of Predictive and Preventive Maintenance supports the transition from reactive behavior to proactive behavior within an organization. It also takes the student through the links between Failure Modes and Failure Mechanisms, and the maintenance tasks used to assess the deterioration they produce and the steps needed to restore the Inherent Reliability of a device.
This course describes a series of considerations that must be made in order to ensure that predictive and preventive maintenance will produce the desired effects of improving reliability and reducing maintenance costs. It describes characteristics that have classically resulted in predictive and preventive maintenance activities that are ineffective and add to cost while having little positive impact.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to engineers, plant managers, facility supervisors who are interested in gaining a better understanding of how to plan and schedule predictive and preventive maintenance activities.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the definitions and characteristics of Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Understanding the value of making the transition from reactive to proactive maintenance
- Understanding the relationship between Predictive Maintenance and Preventive Maintenance
- Learning about the issues that determine the timing of predictive and preventive maintenance
- Learning about the forms of predictive and preventive maintenance
- Knowing the important caveats involved with applying predictive and preventive maintenance
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document tilted, "Predictive and Preventive Maintenance".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.