Photovoltaic Systems Safety
This online engineering PDH course provides helpful and easily-accessible instructions on how to work safely with photovoltaic (PV) systems. Some recommendations are based on the common sense and they will help readers to keep safe. This course includes description of specific hazards, their frequent causes, and ways to prevent and avoid them.
This course has three different sections:
- PV System Characteristics and Hazards section provides the background of PV system characteristics and relevant hazards involved with PV systems. Recommended safe-guards are provided.
- Safe PV Systems section presents a discussion of relevant safety standards and codes, and regulations that need to be followed and applied when designing, installing, testing and commissioning a PV system.
- The For Your Health section contains a discussion of possible injuries and elaborates on basic First Aid concepts.
Each section presents specific hazards to engineers, technicians and maintenance staff. Helping you distinguish these hazards and avert injury is the main goal of this course.
This 3 PDH online course is suitable for engineers involved in PV system installation and operation. The details presented cover issues related to safe work practices with PV systems. Upon successful completion, you will be able to recognize critical PV safety issues and will learn ways to avoid potential accidents.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- PV system characteristics and potential hazards
- Relevant safety standards and codes
- Possible injuries and basic first aid concepts
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled “PV Systems Safety”.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty five (25) questions to earn 3 PDH credits.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.