Overview of Vapor Absorption Cooling Systems
This online engineering PDH course provides an overview of absorption refrigeration technology. The aim of this course is to provide the working principle of absorption systems, types, applications, and economics of absorption refrigeration technologies.
The key feature of absorption cooling equipment is that it produces cooling by using heat energy as an input, rather than by using mechanical energy. The heat source is usually delivered via steam, hot water, or direct combustion. Compared to electrically powered chillers, they have high capital cost but these excel in operation where cheap, high grade heat or waste heat is readily available. These chillers do not need ozone-depleting refrigerants and many countries have begun identifying these machines as an energy and environmentally friendly equipment. Some states and utility companies provide subsidies and incentives such as tax rebates and higher depreciation. Absorption chillers can deliver from 25 to 2000 tons of refrigeration.
This 4 PDH online course is applicable to HVAC engineers, facility engineers, architects, environmentalists, operations and maintenance personnel, as well as consultants and contractors who construct, build and manage facilities.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The salient features of vapor absorption refrigeration systems and compare them with vapor compression refrigeration systems
- The fundamental principle of a vapor absorption refrigeration system
- The four basic components of vapor absorption chilling machines
- The expression for maximum COP of ideal absorption refrigeration system
- The description of single and double effect vapor absorption machines
- The desirable properties of commonly used working fluids for absorption refrigeration systems
- The practical problems in actual water-lithium bromide systems
- The methods of capacity control in water-lithium bromide systems
- The economics of vapor absorption systems
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, "Overview of Absorption Chillers Cooling Systems".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.