Overview, Installation and Maintenance of Plumbing Fixtures
This online engineering PDH course briefly introduces the different types of plumbing fixtures and presents the various procedures and methods to install, maintain, and repair them.
Plumbing fixtures include faucets, tanks, and receptacles in kitchens and bathrooms. There are many types and styles of fixtures; some are general, while others have been adapted to meet special applications, such as for hospitals, prisons, and similar institutions. However, once construction is complete, continuous maintenance and repair on the entire water and plumbing systems will be necessary.
This course will provide guidelines on the installation, operation, and maintenance of various plumbing fixtures such as water closets, urinals, sinks, showers, water heaters, or drinking fountains. Also, it will involve information on sewer maintenance and repair such as flushing, cleaning, removing stoppages, and repairing water mains for supply and drainage.
This 5 PDH online course is applicable to mechanical engineers as well as others interested in learning more about the different methods used to install, maintain, and repair plumbing fixtures.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the different types of plumbing fixtures
- Learning about tank components and functions
- Familiarizing with the installation and replacement of urinals, water closets, showers, lavatories, flushometers and faucets
- Learning about the installation of water heaters including electric and gas water heaters
- Learning about clearing stoppages in fixtures
- Gaining a general overview on sewer maintenance and plumbing repairs
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.