OSHA Construction, Demolition, and Cleanup Safety Issues
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to the OSHA rules that cover common situations, for example, fall prevention, scaffold safety, worker safety in trench work, asbestos and lead exposure, electrical hazards, respirator use, and nail gun use. The course is based on twenty-four OSHA Quick Cards and Fact Sheets (http://www.osha.gov/pls/publications/publication.html) related to hazards associated with construction, demolition, and cleanup. As a result, the course material is concise, easy to read, and easy to remember.
Construction, demolition, and cleanup projects are inherently hazardous. Accident rates in these industries are accordingly higher than in other industries. OSHA's mission is to reduce these accident rates through safety rules and regulations.
This 4 PDH online course is intended primarily for all engineers, design professionals, construction professionals and others who are involved with construction, demolition and cleanup projects.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the safety requirements for scaffolds, trench excavation, and trench-worker protection
- Understanding the principles of demolition safety and cleanup
- Knowing the asbestos and lead hazards, especially as they occur in demolition projects
- Learning about fall protection in residential construction and in general industry
- Familiarizing with fall dangers in roof work (installing trusses and tile, and repairing)
- Understanding the principles of working safely with electricity on construction and cleanup sites
- Understanding the principles of avoiding electrical hazards associated with downed electrical wires
- Learning about the use of respirators and the differences between respirators and surgical masks
- Knowing the precautions to take when employing pneumatic nail guns
- Knowing the precautions to take when employing chain sawsUnderstanding the cold stress equation and how to protect workers from cold-temperature dangers
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review a compilation of OSHA published Quick Cards and Fact Sheets, titled "OSHA Construction, Demolition, and Cleanup Safety Issues", published by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.