Municipal Sewer Systems: Case Studies
This online engineering PDH course provides an overview of sanitary sewer and storm sewer system operation. It also presents two case studies about 1) a small town sanitary sewer court case and subsequent decision, and 2) a storm sewer dispute in the same small town between its citizens and town hall and its subsequent settlement.
The purification of wastewater by our sanitary sewer systems preventing the pollution of our waterways and the channeling of rain water from our homes, streets, and roadways to prevent flooding should be of major concern to everyone. Prior to 1972, our nation's waterways were becoming open sewers. In 1972, Congress passed the Clean Water Act. Since then billions of dollars have been spent trying to reverse an alarming decline in water quality.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for sanitary engineers, civil engineers, chemical engineers, and other design professional or construction personnel interested in gaining a better understanding in the applications of municipal sewer systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the history behind the development of sanitary and storm sewer systems
- Learning about the operation of sanitary and storm sewer systems
- Understanding the meaning of the 1972 Clean Water Act
- Learning about primary, secondary, and tertiary sanitary sewer treatment plants
- Learning about some of the features of advanced sanitary sewer treatment plants
- Understanding wastewater flow through a town's modern sanitary sewer treatment plant
- Case study of a small town sanitary sewer system court case
- Case study of a small town storm sewer case between residents and city hall
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need the review the course document titled, "Municipal Sewer Systems: Case Studies".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.