More Leadership Fundamentals
This online engineering PDH course will teach you how to develop practical leadership skills for use with any workforce regardless of your educational, professional, or social background. You will learn effective and proven techniques in dealing with employee conflict, counseling employees effectively on work performance issues, a guide to developing an effective work team, problem solving with employees, and persuading and influencing others.
This course provides practical and easy-to-follow guidance for new leaders who want to develop effective leadership skills without the pain of a trial-and-error approach. It is also effective for seasoned leaders to use as a guideline in mentoring newer ones. Systematic guidance helps users identify the clues associated with the escalating potential of employee conflict; identifying different behavior styles of handing conflict (their pros and cons); a "do-it-yourself" guide to developing an effective work team and how to use persuasion to retain good will and get what you want at work. There is also a simple, yet powerful, way to get line employees taking ownership of identifying workflow problems.
The 8 PDH online course is intended for professionals in managerial positions, who are interested in developing effective leadership skills that will increase their value to their employer as well as increase their career satisfaction.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Deal with employee conflict
- Spot the clues that tell you how serious it is becoming
- Identify causes of employee conflict
- Reduce causes of employee conflict
- Take steps to minimize conflict
- Select an appropriate strategy to handle conflict
- Counsel employees on work performance issues while retaining good will
- Initiate a counseling session with an employee
- Identify what is keeping an employee from doing what you expect
- Document your meeting to the satisfaction of the "ORPman"
- Test your reasons for terminating an employee against potential questions you may be asked by the ORPman
- Prepare yourself to develop an effective work team
- Prepare the environment for an effective work team
- Prepare the employees to function as an effective work team
- Increase work production and quality in your department through increased teamwork
- Identify and develop future leaders from among existing departmental employees
- Increase employee participation in the decision making process
- Reduce some of your workload by distributing it among strong team leaders
- Solve workflow problems with employees
- Isolate the cause of a workflow problem
- "Fish bone" when looking for all the possible causes of a problem
- Present a problem and recommend a solution to senior management
- Persuade and influence to achieve desired results
- Determine features and benefits associated with an idea and present them to an employee in a way that encourages their agreement
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled "More Leadership Fundamentals".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.