Miscellaneous Mechanical Equipment
This online engineering PDH course provides a fundamental understanding of the purpose, types and operation of various mechanical equipment that have widespread applications in many facilities. This equipment includes cooling towers, air compressors, hydraulic systems, boilers, demineralizers, pressurizers, steam traps, filters and strainers. In addition, this course describes the safety hazards associated with certain types of components.
This 5 PDH online course is applicable to mechanical and chemical engineers, nuclear facility operators, maintenance personnel, and other technical staff who are interested in gaining a better understanding of the operation of the different mechanical equipment.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding various types of air compressors, operation and safety hazards.
- Understanding hydraulic system operation and safety hazards
- Familiarizing with boilers
- Learning the purpose of the cooling tower and its various types
- Understanding the purpose and types of deminerilizers
- Knowing the general description and operation of a pressurizer
- Learning the fundamentals of steam traps and their different types
- Distinguishing between filters and strainers and learning their different types
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review DOE-HDBK-1018/2-93, Volume 2, Module 5 "Miscellaneous Mechanical Components" published by the Department of Energy.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.