Microbiological and Corrosion Control in Cooling Water Systems
This online engineering PDH course provides an introduction to the design, construction and process control considerations for microbiological and corrosion control in cooling water systems.
Microbiological organisms are composed of three classes: algae, bacteria, and fungus. Large biological organisms such as clams, snails, mussels, or similar species are referred to as macrobiological organisms. The presence of any biological growth can be detrimental to cooling tower operations. Problems include fouling, corrosion, and loss of efficiency. These problems can lead to downtime, higher operating cost, and even premature replacement of equipment. Additionally, some bacteria are pathogenic and can pose a risk to human life. To alleviate these problems, proper implementation of microbiological and corrosion control measures in cooling water systems is imperative.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for civil, environmental and sanitary engineers as well as other design and construction professionals interested in learning about microbiological and corrosion control in cooling
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about site specific monitoring programs
- Understanding the fundamental requirements for extraction wells
- Knowing how frequently extraction wells should be monitored
- Understanding the importance of balancing techniques for multiple extraction wells
- Learning about perimeter LFG migration control
- Learning how to address leachate blockage issues at extraction wells
- Understanding the importance of monitoring conditions that may lead to landfill fires
- Learning how to employ LFG monitoring probes
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled, “Microbiological and Corrosion Control in Cooling Water Systems”.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions to earn 3 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on the entire document.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.