Lubricants and Hydraulic Fluids - Types
This online engineering PDH course describes the basic properties of turbine oils, hydraulic fluids, grease, solid lubricants as well as self-lubricated materials, and environmentally acceptable lubricants.
This course is intended to be a practical guide to lubrication and hydraulic fluids with enough technical detail to allow personnel to recognize and easily discern differences in performance properties specified in manufacturers' product literature so that the proper lubricant for a particular application is selected. In addition, this course discusses the considerations required to adequately maintain the integrity of the lubricants and ensure their effective performance.
This 10 PDH online course is applicable to engineers, design and construction personnel, and other technical professionals who are interested in gaining a better understanding of lubricants and hydraulic fluids.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the basic properties and applications of turbine oils
- Understanding the purpose, physical characteristics, quality requirements, operating factors, and types of hydraulic fluids
- Familiarizing with the function, characteristics, applications, and types of grease
- Learning the basics of solid lubricants and self-lubricated materials as well as their types, characteristics, application, and production methods
- Familiarizing with the various types of environmentally acceptable lubricants, associated standards, use cases, and physical characteristics
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.