Liquid Process Piping, Part 1: General Piping Design
This online engineering PDH course presents general piping design calculations and requirements for all piping systems regardless of construction material. Most of these calculations and requirements are provided and regulated by the ASME B31.3 code, respectively.
The liquid process piping manual provides information for the design of liquid process piping systems including all pipe and appurtenances which are used to convey liquids to, from and between pumping, storage and treatment units but which are not integral to any unit.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to engineers, designers, contractors, building professionals, maintenance personnel, and manufacturers who are interested in gaining a better understanding of general piping design of liquid process piping.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the properties of construction materials
- Understanding the characteristics of the design pressure
- Learning how to size piping systems
- Understanding the stress analysis of piping systems
- Familiarizing with pipe components such as flanges, gaskets and bolting
- Understanding how pipe components affect the piping design
- Understanding how to properly identify piping
- Understanding the basics of piping supports
- Familiarizing with the different testing and flushing methods for piping systems
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review Chapter 3, "General Piping Design" of the "Liquid Process Piping" engineering manual, published by the United States Army of Corps of Engineers (USACE), Publication Number EM 1110-1-4008.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty (20) questions to earn 3 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on Chapter 3 of this USACE publication.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.