Lighting Evaluations and Upgrades
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance on how to approach and perform an evaluation or audit of the lighting that occurs at a facility.
Lighting is a critical concern, as it influences the performance of necessary task in an office or manufacturing setting and accounts for, on average, about 34% of total energy usage. The best way to reduce your lighting energy usage is to switch to more energy efficient bulbs and fixtures and optimizing your lighting for the tasks at hand.
This course describes the basic nomenclature about lighting, the different types of lighting fixtures and their advantages and disadvantages for a facility, and the fundamentals on how to perform a formal lighting evaluation. It provides knowledge on the factors and information necessary to determine whether a lighting upgrade is necessary and several potential options with technical and economic advantages and disadvantages. It provides an overview of how to proceed in conducting a lighting evaluation at a diverse facility.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to electrical, mechanical, energy, and environmental engineers involved with the energy, and sustainability studies to determine how a facility can reduce its energy costs and perform its functions more energy efficiently.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the basic nomenclature about lighting
- Familiarizing with the different types of lighting available and how to determine which have the greatest advantages for the facility's needs
- Learning how to implement a lighting evaluation program
- Learning how to calculate cost savings using ROI calculations
- Understanding strategies to provide adequate task lighting while reducing energy usage
- Exploring advantages and disadvantages of several different lighting fixtures
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.