Introduction to Transformers
This online engineering PDH course describes the basic concept, function, types, and the different components of electrical transformers.
A transformer is an electrical equipment that transfers energy from one circuit to another by electromagnetic induction. They are often used to convert between high and low voltages (step-up or step down). Transformers and their components vary depending on the application and are available in several different configurations.
This 5 PDH online course is applicable to electrical and mechanical engineers, maintenance personnel and other technical staff who are interested in gaining a better understanding of transformers.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the function of transformers and their physical characteristics
- Familiarizing with the different components of transformers
- Learning how to identify a transformer as step-up or step-down and state the current ratio of a transformer when given the turns ratio
- Learning the mathematical relationship between the power in the primary and the power in the secondary of a transformer
- Understanding the basics of the different types of transformers
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.