Introduction to Refrigeration Systems
This online engineering course provides necessary information to understand the principles and theory of refrigeration, the components of mechanical refrigeration systems, and the types of refrigerants and associated equipment. This course also discusses the methods used for installing, maintaining, and repairing refrigeration equipment, including domestic refrigerators and freezers.
Refrigeration is the process of removing heat from an area or a substance. It is usually done by an artificial means of lowering the temperature, such as by the use of ice or mechanical refrigeration, which is a mechanical system or apparatus, designed and constructed to transfer heat from one substance to another.
This 8 PDH online course is intended for HVACR, mechanical and industrial engineers, manufacturers, maintenance staff, and others seeking a basic understanding of refrigeration systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the physics behind heat and refrigeration
- Learning about the refrigeration cycle and its different mechanical components
- Familiarizing with the different types of refrigerants
- Understanding the safety precautions associated with refrigerants
- Familiarizing with the different types of refrigerant equipment
- Understanding the installation procedures for refrigerant equipment
- Learning about the maintenance, service, and repair procedures associated with refrigerant equipment
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.