Installing Seismic Restraints for Mechanical Equipment
This online engineering PDH course provides guidelines on how to attach mechanical equipment to a building to minimize earthquake damage. It presents examples of anchoring and using special devices called seismic restraint devices. These devices include vibration isolation systems, cable or strut suspension systems, roof attachment systems and steel shapes.
This 5 PDH online course is applicable to structural and mechanical engineers, architects, contractors, building professionals, and other technical personnel dealing with the planning, design and installation of mechanical equipment.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Identifying mechanical equipment and selecting the appropriate method for its installation
- Familiarizing with the different types of attachments
- Familiarizing with the various types of anchors
- Understanding the different methods of supporting control panels
- Understanding the various methods of attaching HVAC equipment to residential structures
- Learning how to design housekeeping pads for seismic measures
In thisprofessional engineering CEU course, you need to review the publication "Installing Seismic Restraints for Mechanical Equipment" (FEMA 412), published by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.