Improving Fan System Performance
This online engineering PDH course highlights the benefits of fan system optimization and examines fan system performance characteristics and practical issues concerning measurement data. The readers will learn to quantify the potential benefits of configuring fan systems for optimal performance, calculate the amount of energy use by your fan system, and estimate fan system efficiency. For readers unfamiliar with the basics of fans and fan systems, a brief discussion of the terms, relationships, and important system design considerations is provided.
This 5 PDH online course is applicable to students, mechanical and HVAC engineers, process engineers, architects, building designers, contractors, energy auditors, facility managers who are interested in gaining a better understanding in improving fan system performance.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The basics of fans systems including the important system design considerations
- The key factors involved in fan selection and system design
- The different types of fans (centrifugal and axial fan) and their applications
- The key fan system components and the opportunities for performance improvements
- The key performance improvement opportunities
- Common fan systems problems and proper maintenance requirements
- Indications of oversized fans and system leaks
- Configurations to improve fan system efficiency
- Controlling fans with variable loads
- Fan Drive Options and multiple-fan arrangements
- Fan System Economics - the cost of operating fans in your facility
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the DOE Publication titled "Improving Fan System Performance" developed by the U.S. Department of Energy's Industrial Technologies Program (ITP) and the Air Movement and Control Association International, Inc. (AMCA).
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.