Improving Energy Efficiency of Boiler Systems
This online engineering PDH course provides simple facts and energy efficiency opportunities in the areas of combustion management, makeup & feed water management, condensate return, blow-down system, waste heat recovery and steam distribution & utilization.
Fuel consumers face a double challenge. One is economic - to get the best heating value for every fuel dollar. The other is environmental - to keep emissions low, at least within legislated limits. Fortunately, what benefits the first objective also benefits the second. A boiler installation costing $75,000 can easily consume over $400,000 in fuel every year. Consequently, even with very economical fuel costs, a difference of just a few percentage points in boiler efficiency can translate into substantial savings. Understanding boiler operating costs is the key to maximizing investments year in and year out.
This 6 PDH online course is intended for mechanical, chemical & process engineers, system design engineers working in power, oil & gas, chemical, metal & mining, manufacturing and engineering industries, energy auditors, operational and maintenance personnel who are involved in the design and operation of boiler systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the direct and indirect methods for evaluating boiler efficiencies
- Establishing list of energy losses in a boiler system
- Learning about combustion analysis; excess air control and air-fuel mix
- Learning about heat recovery systems (economizers, preheater, flue gas condensing etc)
- Familiarizing with waterside and fireside problems
- Understanding the various boiler water treatment approaches
- Understanding the importance of condensate recovery
- Learning about blowdown optimization and waste heat recovery using flash tanks/ heat exchangers
- Learning about energy efficiency in steam distribution and steam utilization
- Applying automation using burner controls and oxygen trims
- Utilizing boiler audit checkpoints & questionnaire
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled "Improving Energy Efficiency of Boiler Systems".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.