Improved Urban Freight Mobility and Delivery
This online engineering PDH course provides an overview of the main operations, logistics, and technology strategies for improving urban freight mobility and delivery.
The course covers the challenges and opportunities associated with urban freight transport, as well as various strategies and technologies that can be used to improve freight mobility in urban areas or to minimize its impacts on others. Operations, logistics, and technology (OLT) strategies represent a set of practices that can be applied to improve the movement of goods and the quality of life of urban residents.
The course will help in understanding potential applications of OLT strategies in order to improve urban freight management and mobility through sharing noteworthy practices that have been implemented successfully.
This 7 PDH online course is applicable to transportation planners, traffic engineers, agency personnel as well as design and construction personnel involved in the improvement of urban freight mobility and delivery.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with operations strategies and noteworthy practices
- Understanding logistics strategies and noteworthy practices such as off-hour delivery, reservation systems for pick-up and delivery locations, modal shifts, freight consolidation
- Learning about technology strategies and noteworthy practices
- Learning about planning and funding operations, logistics, and technology strategies
- Understanding federal funding opportunities for freight
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.