Hydrologic Analysis of Interior Areas
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance in hydrologic analysis of interior areas for planning, design investigations, and flood risk reduction.
Floods have social, environmental, and economic consequences and they directly impact people and communities. Some of the immediate impacts of flooding includes loss of human life, loss of livestock, and damages to properties and crops.
This course provides information of interest to planners and designers of interior system involving flood loss reduction measures and actions. Interior area investigations are differentiated from other studies only by the uniqueness of the hydrologic analysis requirements for the flood loss reduction measures commonly used. Interior area planning studies are an essential aspects of feasibility studies.
This 11 PDH online course is applicable to civil, environmental, and stormwater management engineers as well as other technical personnel interested in learning more about hydrologic analysis of interior areas.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the basic concepts and considerations pertinent to hydrologic studies of interior areas
- Learning the approaches, strategies, and requirements of interior hydrologic engineering studies
- Learning about the analysis methods and procedures for riverine and coastal interior areas
- Familiarizing with flood risk management measures
- Learning about the analysis of residual risk and resiliency
- Learning about a case example of the coincident frequency
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the US Corps of Engineers Publication EM 1110-2-1413 "Hydrologic Analysis of Interior Areas".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.