HVAC System for Cars and Automotive Vehicles
This online engineering PDH course provides information on vehicle Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems, and presents the various approaches to climate control systems.
HVAC in passenger cars is a complex system comprising of one or more blower motors coupled with many ducts, actuators for airflow, temperature and fogging control, and refrigeration and heating units in the hood.
The primary purpose of HVAC systems is to provide a comfortable ride for the driver and on-board passengers. In addition, the air conditioner dehumidifies the cabin air, thus preventing windows from fogging up. It also plays a key role in terms of safety, even during extreme weather conditions, as it ensures the demisting of the cab environment and defogging of windows. A vehicle HVAC system is not just desirable, but is a necessary standard equipment even in entry-level vehicles manufactured today.
This 6 PDH online course is applicable to professional engineers who are interested learning more about automotive HVAC and climate control systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the fundamentals of refrigeration
- Understanding the difference between the high and low sides of a system
- Learning about the major heating and air conditioning components, and the different types of refrigeration compressors
- Identifying the automatic sensors and safety devices used
- Understanding the features of an automatic climate control system
- Learning about the different types of refrigerants, environmental regulations, and challenges
- Knowing how to perform diagnosis of common problems, repair and troubleshooting techniques
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.