HVAC Domestic and Industrial Ventilation Systems
This online engineering PDH course introduces some practical design considerations for ventilation systems and their components. A dedicated section is included to cover industrial ventilation, which discusses the principle techniques and regulatory information for the prevention of hazards. The recommendations presented in this course are basic the guidelines and prudent practices at minimum.
Ventilation is the process by which clean air (normally outdoor air) is intentionally provided to a space where the stale, overheated or polluted air is removed. Ventilation includes both the exchange of air to the outside as well as circulation of air within the building. It is one of the most important factors for maintaining acceptable indoor air quality and may be accomplished by either natural or mechanical means.
The design and selection of ventilation systems is a complex process which should involve professionals familiar with 'comfort' or 'hazard' control. In many cases improper design could result in the 'sick building' syndrome and, in many industrial applications, can be hazardous to the health of the worker.
This 5 PDH online course is intended for mechanical and HVAC engineers, architects, building designers, contractors, civil estimators, energy auditors, facility managers and general audience interested in gaining a better understanding of domestic and industrial ventilation systems.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the factors affecting the ventilation design
- Learning about general purpose ventilation for summer, winter and fall conditions
- Learning about the types of mechanical ventilation systems
- Learning about displacement ventilation
- Learning about natural ventilation; building stack and wind effect
- Understanding ventilation strategies for indoor air quality
- Understanding the basic filtration techniques
- Estimating ventilation rates based on air quality, air change and heat removal method
- Understanding the concepts of industrial ventilation and regulatory information
- Learning about dilution ventilation and local exhaust ventilation
- Understanding the principles of hood design, fan selection and associated components
- Learning about basic design considerations for ventilation systems
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled "HVAC - Domestic and Industrial Ventilation Systems".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.