This online engineering PDH course presents topics related to generator protection technical implementation. This course was made as a reference guide for generator protection. Protection relays that are described in this course are applicable to one or more generator protection schemes.
There are a number of protection relay types and those are used for protection against a wide variety of conditions. These protection relays protect the generator or prime mover from damage. Also they are used for protection of the external power system or the processes it supplies. The basic principles that are described in this course apply equally to individual relays and to multifunction numeric relays.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for engineers with a desire to understand the fundamentals of generator protection. Upon successful completion engineers will be able to address key generator protection concepts, terms and characteristics.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Earth Fault Protection (50/51-G/N, 27/59, 59N, 27-3N, 87N)
- Phase Fault Protection (51, 51V, 87G)
- Backup Remote Fault Detection (51V, 21)
- Reverse Power Protection (32)
- Loss of Field Protection (40)
- Thermal Protection (49)
- Fuse Loss Protection (60)
- Over-excitation and Over/Under-voltage Protection (24, 27/59)
- Inadvertent Energization Protection (50IE, 67)
- Negative Sequence Protection (46, 47)
- Off-Frequency Operation Protection (81O/U)
- Sync Check (25) and Auto Synchronizing (25A)
- Out of Step Protection (78)
- Selective and Sequential Tripping
- Synchronism check and auto synchronizing
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.