Fundamentals of Lightning Protection Systems
This online engineering PDH course provides information concerning the principles of lightning protection systems. Protection principles of the five basic lightning protection subsystems discussed in this course are as follows:
- Strike Termination Subsystem
- Conductor Subsystem
- Grounding Electrode Subsystem
- Equipotential Bonding Subsystem
- Surge Protection Subsystem
Given this understanding of lightning protection system operation, this course offers in conclusion a brief discussion of the applicable design standards commonly used for lightning protection. Specific design requirements can be found in the National Fire Protection Associations’ Standard for the Installation of Lightning Protection Systems,’ NFPA 780.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to civil and electrical engineers, architects, as well as design professionals and construction personnel involved with the planning and design of structures requiring lightning protection.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the basics of how lightning protection systems function
- Knowing the subsystems that comprise the lightning protection system
- Understanding the purpose and basic function of each of the subsystems
- Identifying the engineering and construction standards for lightning protection systems commonly used in the United States
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, “Fundamentals of Lightning Protection Systems”.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.