Fundamentals of Aerodynamics - Part 1
This online engineering PDH course provides a basic introduction to the theory of aerodynamics and presents the commonly used principles and measurements integrated within an aircraft.
The field of aerodynamics deals with the interaction between the moving air and the solid bodies passing through it. Aerodynamics plays a crucial role and is an inseparable component when it comes to the science of designing, operating and improving the performance of various vehicles such as automobiles and airplanes. This introductory lesson in aerodynamics provides the knowledge base in aerodynamic mathematics, properties, definitions as well as forces and measurements which are necessary in forming a general understanding of the design and operation principles of aircrafts.
This 6 PDH online course is applicable to engineers who are interested in learning about the basics of aerodynamics and the way its principles are presented in an aircraft.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the theory of aerodynamics
- Understanding the most common aerodynamic definitions and measurements
- Learning about the basics of airfoils and wing design configurations
- Learning about aerodynamic forces and how each component relates to one another on an aircraft
- Exploring the different factors affecting aerodynamic forces
- Gaining a general overview of the aerodynamic causes and characteristics of aircraft stalls
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.