Financial Analysis for the Professional Engineer
The online engineering PDH course advances the professionalism of engineers and engineering-managers/owners through the language of finance and accounting. Financial mathematical tools are introduced or re-introduced into the engineer's project planning and budgeting analysis so that the engineer can interact with other professions including senior and executive management and stakeholders of the operations.
Participants will learn how to use financial analytical tools for the decision-making process specifically applied to: project evaluation and project management, costing, contract negotiations, employee evaluation, revenue, profit and cash production, valuation of assets including buying and selling professional engineering practices. In addition, participants will also learn how others, namely CFO's, utilize financial tools in their analytical evaluations, including times when such tools are abused.
This 4 PDH online course is intended for engineering managers who are interested in gaining a better understanding in the financial budgeting process, in strategic and capital budgeting and in executive managerial interactions. There is a focus on financial mathematics and the use of Excel and its financial function keys.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The language of the fnance professional in capital budgeting
- Utilization of Excel and Excel financial function keys
- Calculation of NPV and IRR
- Identify potential abuse of NPV and IRR in decision-making
- Applications of financial tools to strategic planning
- Handling mutually exclusive projects, budgetary constraints
- Valuation of assets and the applications of these financial tools to valuing
- Payback, NPV and IRR Calculations
- Dealing with the CFO of their operations and 'talking their language'
- The misuse of NPV and IRR
- Valuation techniques applied to capital budgeting
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled "Financial Analysis for the Professional Engineer".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.