FHWA Bridge Inspector's Manual: Inspection and Evaluation of Bridge Decks
This engineering online PDH course discusses the inspection and evaluation of bridge decks and areas adjacent to bridge decks. Timber decks, concrete decks, fiber reinforced polymer decks, steel decks, deck joints, drainage systems, lighting, signs and safety features are considered.
Bridge deck inspections play an important role in providing a safe infrastructure for the nation. As the nation’s bridge decks continue to age and deteriorate, an accurate and thorough assessment of each bridge deck condition is critical in maintaining a dependable highway system.
The 6 PDH online course is intended for civil, construction, and structural engineers, and would be of particular interest to consulting engineers or to engineers serving in government organizations concerned with the safety of bridges.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Being familiar with design characteristics for timber, concrete, and steel decks
- Knowing wearing surfaces for timber, concrete, and steel decks
- Applying principles of protective systems for timber, concrete, and steel decks
- Understanding common defects for timber, concrete, and steel decks
- Knowing inspection procedures and locations for timber, concrete, and steel decks
- Recognizing the principles of evaluation for timber, concrete, and steel decks
- Applying principles of identification and appraisal for safety components
- Understanding principles of safety feature inspection
- Applying safety features design criteria
- Ensuring component safety through recognizing the principles of crash testing criteria
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.