FHWA Bridge Inspector's Manual: Bridge Inspection Reporting
This engineering online PDH course describes bridge inspection reporting, including structure inventory, condition and appraisal, record keeping and appraisal, the inspection report, and AASTO commonly recognized (CoRe) elements.
A uniform reporting system is essential to evaluate the condition of a structure correctly and efficiently and to protect the public’s safety and investment in bridge structures. It is a valuable aid in establishing maintenance priorities and replacement priorities, and in determining structure capacity and the cost of maintaining the nation’s bridges. It is, therefore, essential that bridge inspection data be clear, accurate, and complete, since it is an integral part of the lifelong record file of the bridge.
The 5 PDH online course is intended for civil, construction, and structural engineers, and would be of particular interest to consulting engineers or to engineers serving in government organizations concerned with the safety of bridges.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Applying FHWA structure inventory, appraisal, and condition ratings
- Applying overall culvert ratings
- Understanding the concepts of functionally obsolete and structurally deficient
- Applying the concept of sufficiency rating
- Knowing general items in the bridge record
- Producing appropriate inspection documentation
- Knowing the basic components of a comprehensive bridge inspection report
- Using knowledge of the terminology, requirements and identification of AASHTO Commonly Recognized (Core) Elements
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.