Factors Influencing the Performance of Ball and Roller Bearings
This online engineering PDH course describes the important factors that influence the performance of ball and roller bearings. These factors include calculated life variations, material and heat treat, manufacturing processes, lubrication, misalignment and mounting, and preloading. They should be considered when specifying bearings for a new application.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for mechanical engineers, automotive engineers, design engineers, civil engineers, and any other discipline interested in rolling contact bearings, machine design or mechanical power transmissions.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the performance characteristics of rolling contact bearings
- Understanding the factors affecting bearing life calculations
- Learning how material and heat treatment can affect bearing performance
- Understanding the manufacturing processes and the effect of grain flow on performance
- Learning how bearing misalignment and mounting can affect bearing performance
- Understanding preloading and its effect on bearing and machine performance
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "Factors Influencing the Performance of Ball and Roller Bearings".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.