Environmental Quality and Border Security: A 10-Year Retrospective
This online engineering PDH course provides basic information on environmental quality and protection in the context of existing and proposed border security infrastructure and measures.
Border security is an important national priority, and environmental protection in the border region is of critical importance, given the rich natural resource endowments of the region. The shape and form of security infrastructure installed along the border is a critical factor affecting these areas of special concern. Additional installation of security infrastructure along the border will have a large impact on the region, presenting both challenges and opportunities to enhance security while preserving or even improving environmental sustainability.
There are mainly five key overlapping challenges in which environmental protection intersects with border security. These include, tourism and recreation economy; habitat integrity and wildlife corridors; water management; flooding, trash and sediment control; Hazmat and emergency response; and air quality.
This 4 PDH online course is applicable to environmental engineers who are interested in learning more about improving border security infrastructure while preserving environmental sustainability in the region.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the overlapping challenges between border security and environmental protection
- Gaining a general overview on the demographic and economic context in the border region
- Understanding the environmental protection and border security context
- Learning about the challenges and opportunities presented in the region
- Understanding the emergency response management and agreements at the federal, state and local levels
- Exploring several case studies in different areas along the border region
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.