Engineering Patents I: Overview
This online engineering PDH course describes patents and the patent application process. It then examines all aspects of a patent assigned to a large U.S. corporation to improve the performance of one of its products. It explains how four other patents examined as "prior art" were used to enhance the credibility of the sought after patent and how the three claims that were made skillfully protect against possible infringement.
This 2 PDH online course is intended for engineers of all disciplines who are interested in gaining a general understanding in the subject of engineering patents. It contains information that every engineer should be aware of. It teaches how to protect innovative ideas, how to apply for patents, and how to use "prior art" and claims in obtaining a patent and protecting it from possible infringement.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Knowing what qualifications an invention has to have to be considered for a patent
- Knowing what exclusive rights and limitations does a patent holder have
- Learning about the step-by-step procedure required to obtain a patent
- Learning how to interpret the information on a patent document
- Understanding how "prior art" is used as an advantage in obtaining a patent
- Understanding how patent claims can be used to protect the patent from infringement
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the course document titled, "Engineering Patents I: Overview".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.