Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics for Texas Professional Engineers
This online engineering PDH presents excerpts of the statutory laws and rules governing the practice of engineering in the State of Texas as stipulated in Title 22, Part 6 of the Texas Administrative Code, including proper use of the engineer’s seal, compliance, enforcement and more.
This continuing education course also presents the Texas laws and rules of ethics and professional responsibility for engineers to understand and apply when they are frequently faced with different moral dilemmas while practicing their profession. The rules of professional conduct will provide moral and ethical guidance to engineers in their decision making process. Most importantly, it will provide engineers with insight on how to respect and protect their engineering practice with the utmost professionalism.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to Professional Engineers licensed in the State of Texas and who are required to demonstrate continuing professional competency in engineering laws, rules and ethics as a condition of their license renewal. For each renewal period, every licensee must complete fifteen (15) professional development hours, at least one (1) of which must be relative to the Texas Laws and Rules, or to the rules of professional responsibility, conduct and ethics.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the laws and rules regulating the practice of engineering in the State of Texas
- Understanding the roles of the Texas Board and its disciplinary authority
- Learning about the proper use of seal, compliance and enforcement in the State of Texas
- Understanding the Texas Board disciplinary process
- Learning about engineering ethics and the rules of professional conduct and responsibility
- Gaining an overview of ethical and disciplinary case studies depicting various violations and their corresponding penalties
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.