This online PDH course provides an overview of the basic engineering fundamentals by discussing some of the major principles, concepts and laws of physics. In this course, you will learn about matter, magnetism, electricity, motion, properties of mass, temperature, pressure, various laws and principles of physics dealing with motion, gases, hydraulics and pneumatics, and basic information on metals.
Physics is concerned with those aspects of nature that can be understood in a fundamental way in terms of elementary principles and laws. The forces of physics and the laws of nature are at work in every piece of machinery and equipment. It is by these forces and laws that the machinery and equipment produce work.
This 3 PDH course is applicable to mechanical, electrical, civil and industrial engineers as well as other technical personnel interested in expanding their knowledge of electrical and mechanical fundamentals.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding matter and its constituents
- Familiarizing with the concept of electricity and magnetism
- Understanding the principles of motion and Newton’s three laws
- Learning about energy, its different forms, and the conservation principle
- Learning about the laws of gases and understand the different relationships that exist between temperature and pressure
- Familiarizing with the different kinds of effects produced by heat
- Familiarizing with the basic principles of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Learning about the basic terminologies and concepts of metals
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.