Emergency Action Planning for Dam Safety
This engineering online PDH covers the basic guidelines and definitions regarding Emergency Action Plans (EAP) for dams.
To improve the Nation’s emergency preparedness and response capabilities, FEMA believes that formal guidelines are needed to help dam owners, in coordination with emergency management authorities, effectively develop and exercise Emergency Action Plans (EAPs) for dams. The purpose of the guidance in this course is to meet that need.
The EAP guidelines in this course are focused on developing or revising EAPs for dams that would likely cause loss of life or significant property damage as a result of a failure or other life-threatening incident. The areas downstream of each dam are unique. Therefore, the extent and degree of potential impacts of each dam vary.
This 4 PDH online course is applicable to geotechnical and civil engineers, as well as other technical personnel who are interested in gaining a better understanding in preparing and/or handling emergency action plans for dam safety.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the purpose, scope, coordination requirements, evacuation responsibilities, and maintenance of the EAP
- Familiarizing with the outline and contents of an EAP
- Understanding EAP responsibilities, notification flowcharts, response processes, and preparedness
- Learning about inundation maps
- Familiarizing with the notification flowchart, high flow notification table, and inundation map thru various examples
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.