Design of Industrial Radiography Installations
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance for the design of an industrial radiography installation.
Industrial radiography is a non-destructive method of looking for defects in materials by examining the structures of welds, castings, and building components. Certified personnel use high-activity sealed nuclear substances in certified exposure devices. Industrial radiography work is done inside buildings under controlled conditions and is also carried out in the field in adverse weather.
Whenever possible, industrial radiography equipment should be used inside an industrial radiography installation, to protect workers and minimize radiation exposure to any other person. The design principles will help ensure that the radiography installation performs as expected and provides the necessary level of safety to control radiation exposure. Radiography installations must comply with all applicable national, provincial/territorial and municipal safety codes, including those for building and fire protection.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to nuclear and industrial engineers as well as other professionals who are interested in learning more about industrial radiography and the safety measures taken when installation.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the relevant legislation under the Nuclear Safety and Control Act
- Learning the general design principles of industrial radiography
- Understanding the engineered controls that ensure that the dose are within limits
- Learning how to control radiation exposure through distance shielding and skyshine
- Knowing the security measures
- Identifying the administrative controls to control exposure to radiation such as placing limits on nuclear substance type and monitoring human presence prior to exposure
- Learning about the construction, commissioning and the operation of radiography equipment
- Knowing how to calculate the dose of radiation using the five-step method
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.