Design and Sizing of Baghouse Dust Collectors
This online engineering PDH course provides basic guidelines on the main elements to consider when choosing the best baghouse dust collector for your application.
Baghouse filters are commonly used to capture dust and other airborne particulates from industrial processes such as cement, metal, chemical, pharmaceutical, printing, woodworking, food processing, and construction. Industry-specific state OSHA rules and the EPA regulations mandate that businesses adhere to strict indoor air quality requirements and limit dust, smoke, and fume emissions into the atmosphere. By far the most prevalent type of air pollution control equipment is the baghouse type dust collector that serves a critical role in helping companies meet these criteria and improve both interior and outdoor environments by capturing a large percentage of particles generated by industrial operations.
Many aspects must be considered while designing an industrial baghouse, including space constraints, cleaning methods, fabric construction, air-to-cloth ratio, and many construction features like inlet position, hopper design, and dust discharge mechanisms.
This 6 PDH online course is applicable to electrical, mechanical, and environmental engineers, plant layout designers, health & safety personnel, operation, maintenance, and facilities personnel responsible for industrial operations and infrastructure.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with various types of dust collectors
- Familiarizing with identifying and describing the main components of a Baghouse type dust collectors
- Gaining a general overview of the operation of shaker baghouses, reverse air baghouses and the pulse jet baghouses
- Learning about the guidelines for collection hoods, ductwork, hopers and fans
- Understanding the pros and cons of Fabric Type Baghouse versus Cartridge Pleated Filter
- Exploring the design guidelines to prevent baghouse explosions and fires
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.