Dam Safety Risk Management
This engineering online PDH covers the basic guidelines and principles of dam risk management.
Risk management is the overarching activity when risk is used to inform dam safety decision making and builds on risk analysis and risk assessment phases. It encompasses activities related to making risk-informed decisions, prioritizing evaluations of risk, prioritizing risk reduction activities, and making program decisions associated with managing a portfolio of facilities. Risk management includes evaluating the environmental, social, cultural, ethical, political, and legal considerations during all parts of the process.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to geotechnical and civil engineers, as well as other technical personnel who are interested in gaining a better understanding of dam risk management in order to make risk-informed decisions.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about the dam safety risk management framework for decision making
- Understanding the aspects and components of Risk Analysis (i.e. types, estimation & results)
- Understanding the aspects and components of Risk Assessment (i.e. process, safety decision making approach & tolerable risk)
- Understanding the aspects and components of Risk Management (i.e. objectives, urgency of action & prioritization)
- Familiarization with the aspects and components of Risk Communication and public awareness
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.