Continuously Reinforced Concrete Pavement
This online engineering PDH course discusses the most common guidelines on the design, construction, maintenance, and rehabilitation of continuously reinforced concrete pavement (CRCP).
Continuously reinforced concrete pavement (CRCP) was introduced in the United States almost 100 years ago when the U.S. Bureau of Public Roads (now the Federal Highway Administration) constructed a CRCP test section on Columbia Pike in Arlington, Virginia. Since then, CRCP has been constructed in many states in the U.S. and in a number of other countries. As experience with the design and construction of CRCP has grown, a variety of lessons learned through practical experience and research have contributed to the development of best practices for CRCP throughout its life cycle.
Today, CRCP is designed and constructed as a pavement of choice for long-life performance, recognizing that initial smoothness will be maintained for decades and that maintenance during that time will be minimal.
This 10 PDH online course is applicable to civil engineers who are interested in learning about the design, construction and maintenance of CRCP as an ideal, long-life pavement solution for highly-trafficked and heavily-loaded roadways.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the structure and design fundamentals of CRCP
- Learning about longitudinal and transverse reinforcement and the characteristics of reinforcing steel
- Learning about the different elements associated with CRCP construction
- Familiarizing with the performance of CRCP in the U.S. and other countries
- Gaining an overview of CRCP rehabilitation strategies, restoration and resurfacing
- Exploring the use of CRCP as an overlay
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.