Concrete Airfield Pavements
This online engineering PDH course provides an overview of the common problems and typical repairs and includes a visual system for evaluating and rating PCC pavements.
To manage aviation airfield pavements effectively, all pavements’ conditions should be periodically checked and then organized in an inventory in order to use these evaluations to set priorities for the project or find alternative treatments.
A comprehensive pavement management system involves collecting data and assessing several pavement characteristics: roughness, surface distress (condition), surface skid characteristics, drainage, and structure (pavement strength and deflection). Based on this data and combined with the economic analysis of the project, planners can develop treatment measures for the pavements.
This 1 PDH online course is applicable to civil engineers, airport owners and managers and professionals who are interested in learning more about concrete airfield pavements.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with the rigid performance of the airfield pavement
- Identifying the different surface pavement defects such as polishing, map cracking, pop-outs, etc.
- Learning about the longitudinal and transverse joints
- Knowing the different pavement cracks such as slab cracks, D-cracking, corner cracks, etc.
- Recognizing the type of pavement distortions and their causes
- Understanding the rating system used for evaluating the pavement surface condition
- Knowing the treatment measures for the pavement defects
- Providing practical advice on rating airfield pavement conditions
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.