Compressed Air Systems
This online engineering PDH course describes information about how a compressed air system can be optimized to improve the overall efficiency of the system.
A large amount of energy can be lost in compressed air systems that are not properly designed and maintained. There are many opportunities available to minimize the energy lost in compressed air systems.
This 2 PDH online course is applicable to engineers who design or maintain compressed air systems, as well as engineers interested in learning more about improving the efficiency of a compressed air system.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Alternative strategies for low-pressure end uses
- Analyzing your compressed air system
- Compressed air storage strategies
- Compressed air system control strategies
- Determine the cost of compressed air for your plant
- Determining the right air quality for your compressed air system
- Effect of intake air on compressor performance
- Eliminate inappropriate uses of compressed air
- Engineer end uses for maximum efficiency
- Maintaining system air quality
- Minimize compressed air leaks
- Preventive maintenance strategies for compressed air systems
- Remove condensate with minimal air loss
- Stabilizing system pressure
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the material contained in the US Department of Energy, EERE Compressed Air Tip Sheets:
Alternative Strategies for Low-Pressure End Uses (Tip Sheet #11, August 2004
Analyzing Your Compressed Air System (Tip Sheet #4, August 2004
Compressed Air Storage Strategies (Tip Sheet #9, August 2004)
Compressed Air System Control Strategies (Tip Sheet #7, August 2004
Determine the Cost of Compressed Air for Your Plant (Tip Sheet #1, August 2004
Determining the Right Air Quality for Your Compressed Air System (Tip Sheet #5, August 2004)
Effect of Intake Air on Compressor Performance (Tip Sheet #14, August 2004)
Eliminate Inappropriate Uses of Compressed Air (Tip Sheet #2, August 2004)
Engineer End Uses for Maximum Efficiency (Tip Sheet #10, August 2004)
Maintaining System Air Quality (Tip Sheet #12, August 2004)
Minimize Compressed Air Leaks (Tip Sheet #3, August 2004)
Preventive Maintenance Strategies for Compressed Air Systems (Tip Sheet #1, August 2004)
Remove Condensate with Minimal Air Loss (Tip Sheet #13, August 2004)
Stabilizing System Pressure (Tip Sheet #8, August 2004)
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty (20) questions to earn 2 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on these DOE Tip Sheets.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.