Earth Fault Protection
This online engineering PDH course describes protection principles for effective reactance, high resistance and resonance grounded electrical systems. The presented details cover issues related to ground protection technical implementation.
Fault statistic suggests that earth faults are dominating fault type. Therefore, earth fault protection is of great importance in electrical networks. The type of the used earth fault protection depends primarily on the type of the earthing method.
This 3 PDH online course is suitable for electrical engineers and technicians with a desire to understand the fundamentals of earth fault protection. Upon successful completion engineers will be able to address key earth fault protection concepts, terms and schemes.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Learning about solidly earthed system fault protection
- Learning about restricted earth fault protection (REF)
- Understanding directional comparison schemes
- Learning about current reversal
- Learning about reactance earthed system fault protection
- Learning about high resistance earthed system fault protection
- Learning about resonance earthed system fault protection
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.