Capacity Planning Fundamentals
This online engineering PDH course identifies the fundamental considerations associated with capacity planning so a student can converse more knowledgeably with plant designers, industrial engineers, and representatives of operations, procurement, human resources, and safety.
Long term capacity planning is a strategic decision for a company that must be carefully researched before implementation. The placement of equipment and its related work and maintenance access, material and work flows, plus potential expansion is critical because plant design and construction are normally tied to it. Clearly, this is an example of form following function.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for project managers, operations managers and supervisors, or anyone involved in the process of converting raw materials into finished products (including documents), and seeking a fundamental understanding of the factors that influence planning the capacity of a production process.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Analyze floor plans for optimal work flow
- Analyze work flows to determine their current efficiency
- Explain and apply the principles of 'line balancing'
- Determine work process flow adequacy
- Revise workflows to improve efficiency
- Explain and apply the concept of 'flow time'
- Create optimal production cycle timing
- Apply three capacity planning strategies effectively
- Apply the skills learned to practice exercises within the course
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review the document titled "Capacity Planning Fundamentals".
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.