Building Terrorism Mitigation - Vulnerability Assessment
This online engineering PDH course will discuss the assessment process, asset value assessment, threat/hazard assessment, vulnerability assessment, risk assessment, and risk management. It also presents the Building Vulnerability Assessment Checklist to support the assessment process.
Mitigating the threat of terrorist attacks against high occupancy buildings is a challenging task. It is difficult to predict how, why, and when terrorists may attack. Many factors must be considered in creating a safe building environment.
This course presents several methodologies for architects and engineers to quantify risk and to identify the best and most cost-effective terrorism mitigation measures to achieve a desired level of protection of buildings against terrorist attacks. These methodologies can be used for new buildings during the design process, as well as for existing buildings undergoing renovation.
This 5 PDH online course is applicable to engineers, planners, architects, landscape designers, construction and operations personnel, security and law enforcement agents, as well as consultants and contractors to gain a better understanding in assessing building vulnerability to potential terrorist attacks.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Asset Value Assessment: Identifying the value of a building's assets that need to be protected
- Threat Assessment: identifying, defining, and quantifying the threat or hazard
- Vulnerability Assessment: Evaluating the potential vulnerability of the critical assets against a broad range of identified threats or hazards
- Risk Assessment: analyzing the threat, asset value, and vulnerability to ascertain the level of risk for each critical asset against each applicable threat
- Building Vulnerability Assessment Checklist: Understanding and applying the checklist to support the assessment process
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review Chapter 1 “Asset Value, Threat/Hazard, Vulnerability, and Risk” of the FEMA Publication, “Mitigating Potential Terrorist Attacks Against Buildings” (FEMA 426).
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.