Building Field Capabilities to Respond to Drinking Water Contamination
This online engineering PDH course provides guidance on building field capabilities in order to respond to the contamination of drinking water. The course also provides planning and implementation guidance, templates, customizable report forms, and other documentation for Sampling and Analysis (S&A) activities.
When performed in response to possible or credible drinking water contamination, the goal of Sampling and Analysis (S&A) is to confirm or rule out contamination through field and laboratory testing. It is one of the earliest utility-led activities initiated when the utility has activated its drinking water contamination response plan and continues throughout remediation and recovery if contamination is confirmed.
This 3 PDH online course is intended for chemical and environmental engineers as well as others who are interested in learning more about building field capabilities in order to respond to the contamination of drinking water.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Familiarizing with planning and documentation for visual site hazard assessment, sample collection, and sample packaging and shipping
- Familiarizing with planning and documentation for site safety screening, rapid field testing, and hazardous materials packaging and shipping
- Understanding the staffing requirements to perform basic and advanced field activities
- Taking into consideration field response health and safety
- Familiarizing with quality assurance and quality control
- Understanding emergency response procedures
- Familiarizing with the considerations for preparation, placement, and contents of emergency response sampling and analysis kits
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you will be able to print it after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email it to you. Please note that you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.