Basic Machines Part 2
This online engineering PDH course discusses the relationship between Work and Power and their different their applications. It also describes the relationship between Force-Pressure and their different applications. Furthermore, this course explains the basics of hydrostatic and hydraulic liquids and highlights their respective machines. The last chapter of this course illustrates the basic machine elements, identifies their respective machine functions and introduces the basics of clutches.
A machine is any device that helps you to do work. It may help by changing the amount of force or the speed of action. Machines may also be used to change the direction of a force or in other cases transform energy; for example, a generator transforms mechanical energy into electrical energy.
This 3 PDH online course is applicable to engineers, designers, manufacturers and anyone interested to gain an understanding of basic machine operations.
This PE continuing education course is intended to provide you with the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Understanding the relationship between Work and Power and their different applications
- Learning how to determine horsepower ratings
- Understanding the difference between Force and Pressure and their applications in basic machines
- Familiarizing with the different force and pressure measuring devices
- Understanding the difference between hydrostatic and hydraulic liquids and their applications in basic machines
- Understanding the basic machine elements and identifying their respective functions
- Learning about clutch basics
In this professional engineering CEU course, you need to review Chapters 7 through 11, of the Naval Education and Training Professional Development and Technology Center "Basic Machines" NAVEDTRA 14037 - training course.
Once you complete your course review, you need to take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty (20) questions to earn 3 PDH credits. The quiz will be based on this NAVEDTRA publication.
Upon successful completion of the quiz, print your Certificate of Completion instantly. (Note: if you are paying by check or money order, you may print your Certificate of Completion after we receive your payment.) For your convenience, we will also email you your Certificate of Completion. Also, you can log in to your account at any time to access and print your Certificate of Completion.